In the popular press I provide evidence on politics and policy. I point out when policy is based on sound evidence, and when evidence is being ignored, distorted, or not even being collected.
- “The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act offers school choice—to rich families who already have it.” 2017 (December). Fort Worth Star Telegram, Corpus Christi Caller-Times.
- “Did Mayor Daley ‘steal’ Illinois for John Kennedy in 1960?” 2017. Washington Post Monkey Cage.
- “Why is private school choice stuck in Texas?” 2017 (spring).
- “Texas private schools look nothing like you imagine.” 2017 (spring) with Caleb Rudow, Cassie Davis, and Katie Floyd.
- “How consistent is the evidence for private school choice?” 2016 (fall) with Sarah Pollock, Katie Floyd, and Cassie Davis.
- “Texas needs more evidence-based policy.” 2015. Dallas Morning News, Forth Worth Star-Telegram, Austin American-Statesman.
- “What are doctors really paying for malpractice insurance?” 2004. The Gadflyer.
- “Tweedledum vs. Tweedledee? Ralph Nader’s own data show he’s wrong about the major parties.” 2004. The Gadflyer.
- “Omissions from the Republican Freedom Calendar” 2004. The Gadflyer.